Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
We made these Pizza Nachos during a camping trip to Point Mugu a few weeks ago. We got to eat them by the ocean at sunset, while dolphins and whales played. Seriously, California is the best state….
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1.5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ½ cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
For The Nacho
- 1 Bag of Tortilla Chips
- ½ cups Garlic Cream Sauce (recipe below)
- ¼ cups Onion, diced
- ½ cups Pepperoni, cut into quarters
- ½ cups Black Olives, sliced
- ½ whole Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 1 cup Colby-Jack Cheese, Shredded
- Garlic Cream Sauce: Melt the butter and olive oil in a saucepan. Once the butter is melted, add the minced garlic. Stir. After a minute or two, add the cream and milk. Stir until it comes to a boil. Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and cheese. Stir until the sauce has thickened. Once it has thickened, remove from fire and set aside.
- Nachos: Grab your cast iron skillet and add the tortilla chips. Drizzle the garlic cream sauce all over the chips.
- Top with the onions, pepperoni, olives, bell pepper, and Colby jack cheese. The best approached is to layer it between tortilla chips so every bit gets plenty of toppings.
- Place over the open fire and cover. Cook until the cheese is nice and bubbly and the veggies are warm about 5-8 minutes.