Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
An original way to prepare the deer! For a change in this month November….
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 37, 5 cl of meat stock
- 1 glass of kirsch liqueur
- fine salt, ground black pepper
- 40 g butter
- 3 juniper berries
- 100 g of bacon cut into thin slices
- 500 g jar of cherries
- 1 untreated orange
- 1demi teaspoon of crumbled thyme
- 1, 5 kg of saddle of venison
- Pierce the meat with juniper berries.
- Sprinkle the thyme and let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove the juniper berries and thyme. Salt and pepper the meat.
- Brown the meat in butter in a large baking dish.
- Then cover it with the bacon and cook it in the oven preheated to 220 ° C (the. 7) for 35 to 45 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, then every 8 minutes, sprinkle the meat with broth.
- After 30 minutes, remove the bacon and check cooking the flesh should be soft, but slightly pink.
- Drain the cherries. Dissolve the cornstarch in their juice and bring to the boil in order to obtain a smooth sauce.
- Put the cherries in the sauce. Add the kirsch. Stir all of the meat juices.
- When the meat is cooked, let it stand for 15 minutes in the oven heat off and open the door.
- Chop the meat into slices and draw up it in a warm serving dish.
- Garnish with the orange slices. Serve the sauce separately cherries.