Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This is the second time I’ve made butter tarts, but the first with this recipe. I baked them for 15 minutes, and the result was a sweet, buttery, gooey tart that was so rich, I had stuff dribblin’ off my chin as I ate one…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 (3 inches) unbaked tart shells
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, then beat in brown sugar and salt.
- Stir in vanilla and lemon extract. Beat until light and bubbly, then stir in melted butter.
- Fold in raisins. Drop filling by spoonfuls into tart shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until filling is set and pastry is golden brown.