Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
I adore this cucumber salad. Sweet, tangy, cool (as a cucumber!), and bursting with umami from the toasted sesame oil, this Sesame Cucumber Spiralized Salad is absolutely perfect for hot summer weather and the perfect compliment to any Asian entree. And it only takes 5 minutes to throw together
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 00 minutes ]
- 2 English or hothouse cucumbers, chilled
- 2 large carrots / 1 Tsp. Kosher salt
2 TBSP rice vinegar
1 TBSP fresh lime juice (about half a lime)
2-3 TBSP honey, to taste
1 tsp. Toasted sesame oil
pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
½-1 TBSP toasted sesame seeds (I used white and black, but either would work fine on their own)
1 scallion, sliced
2 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
1. If you have a spiralizer, use it to cut the cucumbers and carrots into long noodles. (My carrots weren’t big enough to fit in my spiralizer, so I used a julienne peeler instead — if you don’t have a spiralizer, a tool like this will do in a pinch, or you can slice the carrots and cucumber thinly with a knife.)
2. Place the spiralized cucumber into a strainer and toss with 1 tsp. kosher salt. Let the cucumber drain for 15-20 minutes to remove excess water.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the vinegar, lime juice, honey, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds.
4. Once the cucumber has drained for a bit, spread it onto a layer of paper towels, or a clean dish towel, and gently pat out as much moisture as you can. Place the “noodles” into a large bowl, and add 2-3 TBSP dressing, to coat. Toss to combine, then garnish with additional sesame seeds, sliced scallions, and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately. (Leftover salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a day, but keep in mind that the cucumber will continue to release excess water as it sits.
Enjoy it !!