Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This tasty rice bowl is straight from Hawaii! It’s packed with fresh toppings and lots of tender tuna for a healthy, flavorful bowl.
Ingredients [ For 1 to 2 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Hot sauce, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups sushi rice or long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 pounds sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 2 watermelon radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 large, ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Black sesame seeds, if desired
- In a small bowl, stir together all the marinade ingredients; set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions, cool to room temperature.
- With a sharp knife, cut the tuna into cubes. In a large bowl, gently toss the tuna with 2 to 3 tablespoons, or just enough of the marinade to coat the tuna. Reserve the remaining marinade to serve with the bowls. Refrigerate the tuna for up to 1 hour while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- To serve, arrange a scoop of rice in each bowl and top with desired toppings and additional sauce on the side.
Enjoy it !!