Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Use the art of illusion to create a luscious cake that will never fall flat. Layers of crepes and chocolate coffee filling make this beautiful dessert irresistible.
Ingredients [ For 6 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 35 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
For The Crepes
- 3 cups (675 milliliters) milk
- 6 tablespoons [ 100 grams ] butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cup [ 210 grams ] flour
- ⅔ cup [ 80 grams ] of cocoa powder
- 7 tablespoons [ 105 grams ] sugar
- 4 cups (1 liter) whipped cream
For The Ganache
- 1 cup [ 225 mL ] thick cream
- 4 tablespoons [ 200 grams ] sugar
- 6 ounces [ 170 grams ] chocolate
- 1 tablespoon [ 15 grams ] butter
- ¼ cup [ 40 grams ] of powdered sugar, optional for garnish
- Make the pancakes by heating the melted butter and allowing it to lightly brown. Put aside.
- In the same pot, heat the milk. Remove from fire.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs, then gradually mix the butter and hot milk. Cooling.
- On a non-stick skillet over medium heat, pour ¼ cup of crepe batter, and tilt the pan to cover the bottom surface.
- Cook until the bottom surface of the crepe begins to brown, then turn.
- Repeat until all the dough pancake is used. Fresh pancakes.
- Put the pancakes on top of each other, with whipped cream between each layer.
- Once assembled, the finishing edges for a cleaner look, if desired.
- For the ganache, bring the heavy cream and sugar to a boil, and pour over the chocolate and butter.
- Let cool, and spread over the crepe cake.
- Garnish with sifted powdered sugar
Enjoy it !!