Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sciatica and lower back pain are caused by a compression or an irritation of the low back nerve. It is an extremely common problem nowadays, and studies claim that 5 to 10% of Americans have problems with it.
Sciatica pain begins from the low spine to the lower part of one leg or even the foot.
These are the most frequent symptoms of this painful condition:
- -A piercing pain noticed on a leg and one buttock
- -A burning and tingling pain
- -Pain that is intensified in a sitting position
- In the worst cases, it could cause a loss of bowel and bladder control.
- Sciatica can be a consequence of various factors, including:
- -Slipped disc (90% of cases)
- -A direct injury
- -Spinal infections
- -Spondylolisthesis (or a slipped vertebrae)
- -Vertebral stenosis (it’s the narrowing of the spinal cord passage)
- Cauda equine syndrome
- This unbearable pain can be prevented in these ways:
- -Regular physical exercise which strengthens the back muscles
- -Sleeping on a firm mattress
- -A proper body posture
- -Properly adjusted car seat for back support
- -Regular practice of a proper lifting technique
The following 6 exercises will help you to prevent or relieve sciatica pain:
Hamstring Stretch out Exercise
- Sit on the floor, with the back straight, and stretched legs, and a hand-width apart.
- Inhale deeply, and while exhaling, lean forward from the hips and reach the feet with the hands.
- Push the collarbone towards your feet, and hold in this position for half a minute.
Knee Lifts Exercise
- Lie on the back, and bent your knees to a 90-level angle.
- The arms should be flat by the sides.
- Slowly lift the legs until they are at a foot height from the floor, and lower them gently. Make 5 repetitions.
Piriformis Stretch Exercise
- Lie on the back and bend the knees. The heels should be pushed towards the buttocks, cross one leg over the other, and rest the ankle.
- You must stretch the hips and keep for 20 seconds.
- Then, change the leg and hold for another 20 moments.
- You can even push out the leg for a far more intensifies stretch.
Knee To Chest Stretch Exercise
- While lying on your back, bend the knees to a 90-degree angle, your feet need to be firm on the floor.
- Then, wrap your hands around one leg and pull it to the chest.
- Hold for 20-30 seconds and do the same with the other leg.
Back Extensions Exercise
- Lie with your face down and keep the feet and hands flat on to the floor.
- Keep the fingertips at an eye level. Push the hands to arch the back, and hold for 5-10 seconds.
- Then, lower the back to the floor and make 10 repetitions.
Gluteal Stretch Exercise
- Lie on the back, with the knees, bent to a 90-degree angle.
- Elevate the left leg and rest the ankle on your right thigh.
- Then, wrap the hands around the right thigh, pull it near the body, and hold for 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat this three times, and then switch the leg.