Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
In most cases, the human body almost immediately shows some symptoms when it experiences certain issues, so you need to listen to it when it tries to warn you.
The following signs indicate that your diet is too rich in sugar and you need to quit it:
- Scientists have shown that the unstoppable sugar cravings are similar to drug addiction, so it is no surprise that you find it hard to quit sugar.
- Addiction works in a cycle of reward and craving, and when you consume sweet foods, the brain rewards you with pleasure, and that pleasure is felt only when you eat sugar. When trying to quit sugar, eat foods that keep you satiated, like oats, potatoes, lentils, and bananas.
- Tooth decay is a result of the development of bacteria in the oral cavity. Bacteria create acids that break down the two layers of the teeth, enamel, and dentin and lead to decay and cavities. Newest studies showed that the daily sugar intake should be less than 2-3%.
- Despite sweets and candies, tooth decay might also be caused by the consumption of pasta and bread and even healthy foods like fruit, vegetables, as they are high in carbohydrates, fructose, and glucose.
- Sugar negatively affects the gut flora, leading to an imbalance in the intestines and damage of the gut flora, which causes inflammation and insulin resistance.
- High sugar intake also impedes the function of the digestive system.
- Fructose can contribute to the condition of a leaky gut when substances are allowed to pass through the small intestine and enter the bloodstream. Moreover, it leads to inflammation in the liver by releasing inflammatory factors, as well as pancreas, colon, and liver cancer.
- Therefore, consume foods rich in fibers, which will help digestion and prevent such issues.
- Sugar also influences the quality of collagen and elastin, the two proteins which provide strength and elasticity to the skin.
- Sugar stimulates a process known as glycation which happens when glucose and fructose bond to other proteins and lipids. Skin ages due to the contact of these sugars and proteins and sugar speed up this process.
- Sugar has its effects on the accumulation of fat in the body as well, mostly in the abdominal area and around the internal organs.
- A study which estimated the effects of sugar on fat accumulation divided participants into 4 groups, and each group received one type of drink, including regular cola sweetened with sugar, diet cola the regular cola led to the most visceral, liver, and skeletal muscle fat, and highest triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- Scientists found that children between the ages of 2 and 9 who ate processed foods and foods high in refined sugar are at an increased risk of developing chronic inflammation later in life, compared to children who consume mostly vegetables and fruits.
- Researchers have also found that prolonged consumption of beverages with high-fructose content, like soda and packaged orange juice, leads to gout in women.
- They analyzed 80,000 women for more than 22 years and the intake of at least one serving of high-fructose beverages daily led to a 95% chance of developing gout.
- Therefore, if you consume too much sugar, it is time to make a change and protect yourself from numerous diseases and issues. Try reducing the intake of such foods gradually until you completely quit sugar, and you will experience amazing health benefits.