Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Gluten sensitivity is quite common these days. Those who are sensitive to gluten, the protein found in barley, wheat, and rye, can have serious reactions right upon consumption. The most common symptoms of gluten intolerance include depression, joint pain, gastrointestinal issues, fatigue, and more.
Below you have a list of the 6 signs that indicate that you could be intolerant of this protein. Check them out!
1. Constant Headaches Or Migraines
- In case you experience regular headaches or migraines that leave you exhausted, it is very likely that you are intolerant of gluten.
- As a matter of fact, migraines are extremely common in gluten intolerant individuals.
- Migraines are characterized by extremely severe pain, so stay away from gluten is definitely worth it, giving you a chance to recover.
2. Mouth Problems
- Those sensitive to gluten often suffer from “aphthous stomatitis”, a condition manifested by frequent mouth ulcers and canker sores.
- In addition to this, because of malnutrition, those with gluten intolerance find it more difficult to keep their teeth healthy as they have low levels of calcium.
3. Sudden Weight Gain
- Sudden weight gain is one of the symptoms that left most gluten-intolerant individuals baffled.
- Typically, weight gain in those with gluten-intolerance could stem from two things: 1) they have inflammation caused by gluten, or 2) malabsorption and gut permeability, both of which are side-effects of gluten intolerance
4. Unstable Immune Functionality
- In case one of the IgA antibodies is intolerant or sensitive to gluten, the side effect on the immune system is what causes the immune functionality to become unstable. The aforementioned IgA antibodies are body`s major defense against the common cold, flu, and other illnesses.
5. Experiencing Brain Fog
- Those who are gluten-intolerant often experience brain fog, which is quite a subtle symptom.
- This reaction can be triggered by many different things, but science suggests that this symptom is caused by abnormal activity to gluten in your IgG, leading to declining in cognitive functioning.
6. Constant Fatigue/Exhaustion
- Experiencing fatigue or exhaustion on regular basis, it is very likely that it associated with side-effects of brain fog.
- However, most experts agree that the reason for this is the fact that those with gluten intolerance have little energy levels on reserve for their bodies to start with.
- In addition to these, other signs that might indicate that you are intolerant to gluten include depression and anxiety, ADHD, autoimmune disease, and skin problems like eruptions of rashes, itchiness, burning, redness, and even painful blisters.
- Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) describes the rash as “a chronic disease of the skin marked by groups of watery, itchy blisters that may resemble pimples or blisters. The ingestion of gluten (from wheat, rye, and barley) triggers an immune system response that deposits a substance, LGA (Immunoglobulin A), under the top layer of skin. IgA is present in affected as well as unaffected skin…”
- As you can see, gluten sensitivity not only affects the digestive tract, but it wreaks havoc to the skin, bones, mouth, and more. This is the reason why many doctors give a fake diagnosis or address the symptoms rather than looking for the underlying cause.