Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Pregnant women who exercise have less back pain, more energy, a better body image and, post-delivery, a faster return to their pre-pregnancy shape. Experts recommend that pregnant women should exercise for at least 30 minutes a day and 5 days a week. A few exercises that’ll help you stay fit during pregnancy are pilates, prenatal yoga, pregnancy squats, kegel exercises and lunges. It is advisable to consult your doctor before performing the same.
It is important to keep yourself healthy and fit during pregnancy. Pregnant women who exercise have less back pain, more energy, a better body image and, post-delivery, a faster return to their pre-pregnancy shape. Experts recommend that pregnant women should exercise for at least 30 minutes a day and 5 days a week. This will keep them healthy and help them build stamina for the delivery process.
Here are a few exercises that’ll help pregnant women stay in shape and good health. However, it is advisable to check with your doctor before starting any exercise schedule.
Exercises for Pregnant Women:
1. Pilates: Women in their second trimester commonly perform Pilates, and hence is not strenuous. It can help you stay strong and flexible. The exercise includes lying down on mat and practicing breathing exercises and pelvic thrusts. It also help reduce back pain and muscle strain that comes with pregnancy.
2. Prenatal Yoga: As the name suggests, this form of yoga is the perfect exercise for pregnancy, appropriate for any trimester. This form of exercise utilizes yoga postures that help pregnant women to stretch, relax and connect with the baby in the womb. Prenatal yoga also includes breathing exercises that ensure a calming effect.
3. Kegal Exercises: during pregnancy should be performed in a sitting posture. This also involves contracting the pelvic muscles. Women can also do quick contractions or they can alternatively hold contractions for 10 seconds before releasing it. This process is repeated for at least 10-15 minutes.Now, Kegal exercises are Moderately essential to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles which help during the delivery process.
4. Pregnancy Squats: If you practice squats during pregnancy, they can be great for your gluts and legs. Stand shoulder width apart. While you lower your body, push your rear end back and it is important to tighten your abdomen. Also, ensure that your knees don’t go past your toes. These exercises should be repeated at least 15-20 times.
5. Lunges: Lunges can be a great workout for your knees, gluts and legs. They can also help strengthen the pelvic and abdominal muscles. To perform, take a long step forward, go down on one knee and while pushing yourself up, exhale. Ensure that your chest and shoulders are straight. This motion should be repeated at least 10 times on each leg.
Source Article : www.curejoy.com