Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Most people think of diabetes if they hear that someone has high blood sugar levels. But, diabetes is a very serious condition and long before someone is diagnosed with it, the body sends signs and symptoms indicating the blood sugar levels are very high.
We can prevent any irreversible damage to our bodies by recognizing these signs.
To explain you more deeply, consuming glucose is the main culprit of increased sugar levels. Specifically, glucose is a vital nutrient, which is distributed to each body cell. However, if the glucose levels become too high for a long period of time, your eyes, nerves, blood vessels, and kidneys can experience serious damage.
As a result of the processed and artificial food that is included in many people’s daily diet, the number of people dealing with high blood sugar is constantly increasing.
YOU PROTECT YOURSELF FROM DEVELOPING THIS CONDITION BY READING ITS SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS.
High blood sugar signs:
A lot of people usually ignore these symptoms as signs that feel a little under the weather and they will go away naturally. But, in fact, your body sends you signs that there is a chemical imbalance, which requires rectifying.
- Dry mouth
- Frequent urination and urinating during the night
- Constant hunger
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurred vision
- Stomach issues
- Slow healing process of cuts and wounds
- Extreme tiredness or constant fatigue
- Recurrent infections
- Itchy and dry skin
- Excessive thirst
- Nerve issues
- Excess abdominal fat or weight gain
Luckily, here is the Glycemic Index or GI showing a number of carbohydrates in food for highlighting which foods to avoid and which to consume.
AVOID THESE 3 HIGH-SUGAR FOODS:
Even though there is always the obvious advice to avoid processed sugary foods and fizzy beverages, you should also avoid these three foods if you suffer from high blood sugar.
1.Baked potato – a GI rank of 85
In case you are trying to regulate your blood sugar levels, a baked potato will not do you any favors. So, if you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned symptoms, avoid baked potatoes at all costs.
2.Rice cake – a GI rank of 78
Even though rice cake is considered as a healthy snack, but in case your blood sugar level is too high, consuming it can be quite dangerous.
3.A slice of white bread – a GI rank of 70
Consuming white bread could be greatly elevating your blood sugar levels. So, it is advisable to start consuming the brown variety.
EAT THESE 3 LOW-SUGAR FOODS:
- Those trying to decrease their blood sugar levels and maintain them at a healthy rate are recommended to follow a strict diet, meaning they should consume low sugar foods, such as:
1.Eggs a GI rank of 0
- This food does not contain any carbohydrates, so a diabetic could dine on them daily.
- If you do not consume eggs to excess, they can be an excellent food choice for your health that won’t raise your blood sugar levels.
2.Broccoli – a GI rank of 10
- A great number of people might not like this veggie, but it helps in repairing your blood vessel damage triggered by high blood sugar levels. It is a healthy and bulky enough that can serve as an amazing substitution for meat.
3.Walnuts – a GI rank of 15
- They can be a fantastic food for snacks or added to a salad. Moreover, walnuts have low sugar content and include other healthy ingredients capable of promoting heart health as well as reproductive health for men.