Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
When people get sick with an illness or infection, they usually head to the doctor’s office for medicines that ultimately do more harm than good.
Antibiotics, also known as antibacterials, are types of medications that destroy or slow down the growth of bacteria. However, overuse of these drugs can be very harmful to the body especially for the gut health, which in turn can make the body more suspectable to infections.
For example, antibiotics shouldn’t be taken for viral infections such as flu, colds, sore throat, and coughs, and actually, can do more harm than good.
Antibiotics are poisons that should destroy bacteria and we use them to treat infections which are a result of bacteria. Moreover, antibiotics may lead to food allergies and various intestinal disorders.
Top 14 Most Effective Natural Antibiotics
1.Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which effectively fights off viruses, fungi, and bacteria. It destroys germs that attack the throat and absorbs the toxins and germs from the surrounding tissues.
- In addition, it causes acetolysis, which is a condition in which it breaks down toxic residue and prevents further damage.
- This potent vegetable is an amazing antibiotic but does not destroy healthy bacteria. Apart from it, it has strong antifungal, antiviral, and anti-parasitic properties.
- Its regular use, even in small amounts, effectively treat multiple health issues, including Candida overgrowth, chronic sinus infections, chronic diarrhea, genital herpes, high blood pressure, diabetes, impotence, high cholesterol levels, allergies, toothache, cold, flu, cardiovascular diseases, and cancer.
- Therefore, when it comes to natural remedies, garlic is definitely one of the miracles we prayed for!
- Ginger has been traditionally used as a powerful remedy for flu and colds, but it has been found that its consumption raises the body temperature and leads to sweating. When we are sweating, our body releases a chemical which destroys microbes.
- Onions have similar properties as garlic, and their consumption relieves pain, improves the circulation, and decreases inflammation. They have also been found to act as an herbal analgesic, and anti-inflammatory, which provides great relief in a case of a persistent cough, flu, and colds.
- Olive leaf can efficiently destroy fungi, bacteria, and yeast, and encourages the reproduction of healthy bacteria. The natural olive leaf extract efficiently treats all kinds of infections.
6.Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal are some of the benefits of grapefruit seed extract, which makes it an excellent natural antibiotic. However, some of the grapefruit seed extracts available on the market contain Methyl Paraben and Triclosan, both dangerous substances that shouldn’t be consumed. You should always choose pure and organic grapefruit seed extract.
- Horseradish energizes the body, raise the body temperature, boost the immune system, and stimulate blood flow to all body parts. The volatile oils in horseradish have potent antibiotic properties which treat infections in the throat and respiratory tract, as well as bacteria which lead to infection in the urinary tract.
- It is generally used as a topical antibiotic and has powerful antiseptic properties. If you use essential eucalyptus oil, you can combine it with other oils, like olive oil or almond oil. You can also drink a tea of this herb, which treats infections, reduces fever, acts antiseptically, and destroys viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
- Manuka honey is already being used in hospitals for healing wounds, by placing the honey directly on gauze to cover the wound. Many studies have shown that most honey has antibacterial effects, but Manuka honey is the most potent due to a compound called methylglyoxal. Studies have confirmed its activity against various bacterial forms, including MRSA.
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis Canadensis) is often found in herbal remedies for allergies, colds, and the flu because of its natural antibiotic and immune-boosting capabilities. The Native Americans used Goldenseal to soothe the linings of the mucous membranes of the respiratory, digestive, and urinary tracts by clearing bacterial invasion. A few drops taken orally can help wash away a sore throat.
- Myrrh has also been traditionally used by herbalists for centuries. It has powerful antiviral, antiseptic, and antibiotic properties, and is useful in the case of sore throats, bronchitis, mouth sores, and bad breath. Moreover, it increases the white blood cell counts. Due to its strong effect on the kidneys, do not use it more than 2 weeks.
- The active compounds in this herb boost the immunity, have potent antioxidant, antiviral effects, balance the hormones, relieve inflammation and pain.
- It is generally used in the case of ear infections, sinusitis, hay fever, slow-healing wounds, vaginal yeast infections, and infections of the urinary tract.
- Recent studies have found that it has potent effects in recurrent cold sores, and flu, and effectively destroys even the most virulent bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus.
- The Journal of Medicinal Food published a study that evaluated the antibacterial activity of oregano oil against 5 different types of bacteria. After evaluating the antibacterial characteristics of oil of oregano, it showed significant antibacterial properties against all 5 species of harmful bacteria.
- Interestingly, the highest activity was observed against E. Coli, meaning, oregano oil should be taken to promote gastrointestinal health and to prevent deadly food poisoning.
- This spice has been medically used for hundreds of years as well, and its essential oils are a potent anti-microbial food and have been found to inhibit the growth of fungi and bacteria.
- It has strong antimicrobial, antifungal, antibacterial and antioxidant qualities. When combined with Manuka honey, it helps digestion, prevents flu and colds, provides amazing effects for the skin and teeth, and multiple other positive effects on the health.