Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Move over tacos, these scallop tostadas are SO good and they’re ready in less than 20 minutes
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
For the Guacamole
- 4 oz (1 small Haas) avocado
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
For the Tostadas
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream, thinned with 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 6 large sea scallops, (8 ounces total) side muscle removed, rinsed and pat dry
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large corn tostada shells
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl with the tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper to taste.
- Season scallops with salt and black pepper. Add the butter and oil to a 12-inch skillet over high heat. Once the butter begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.
- Spoon the guacamole onto the tostada, top with scallops and drizzle with sour cream.
Enjoy it !!