Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Our liver is the vital organ located in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen and partially protected by the ribs. It’s interesting that the liver is the largest solid organ in a human body. This organ is critical for numerous bodily functions. So, it’s very important to recognize the signs of liver damage and also to take care of the liver.
12 Early Symptoms of Damaged Liver
- The medical experts explain that there are more than 100 different types of liver disease and each of them has different manifestations.
- Hepatitis, cirrhosis of the liver, and alcoholic liver disease and the fatty liver disease are just some of those.
- Below you will read a list of early symptoms of a damaged liver:
- Nausea and vomiting are some of the most common symptoms. However, these symptoms often can mimic some other diseases like food poisoning, motion sickness, migraines, vertigo, vomiting, depression, and even early pregnancy. Furthermore, they can even mimic kidney issues. The patients who have liver damage usually have problems with persistent nausea, because of the fact that the liver’s ability to eliminate toxins is reduced. However, nausea could be caused by the constant changes in metabolism and digestion. If you experience such symptoms, you need to consult a doctor.
Overall Weakness And Fatigue
- One of the obvious and early signs of a damaged liver is feeling tired and weak. When the liver is damaged, our body works harder, and that is why it needs more rest. This happens because the toxins in the blood cannot be eliminated by the liver. If you notice some of these symptoms, immediately visit your doctor.
Loss Of Appetite
- As a result of not enough bile occurs a loss of appetite.
- This actually helps with the fat digestion.
- In case the food is not properly digested, it can lead to loss of appetite and significant weight loss.
- The liver is producing bile and that is why it is essential for this process.
- When it’s damaged, may appear increase in diarrhea and indigestion.
- In addition, if there is lack of bile, the patient could experience gallstones, irritable bowel syndrome, fatty food intolerance, alcohol intolerance, abdominal bloating and constipation.
- Changes in the Color of the Stool
- In case there is lack of bile, the color of the stool can change.
- Instead of its usual brown color, it may become clay-colored, gray or pale yellow.
- If this color is not persistent – it’s probably not dangerous.
- However, if it becomes constant, it‘s necessary to seek medical attention.
Changes in the Color of the Urine
- In case you notice certain changes in the color of your urine you have to be aware that it might indicate damaged liver.
- That is to say, increased levels of bilirubin in the blood are causing the urine to look orange, brown or amber.
- These levels of bilirubin are increased because your liver is unable to eliminate it, and in that case, it’s eliminated through the kidneys.
- Jaundice is the medical condition when the color of the eyes, tongue, fingertips, and skin become yellow.
- It happens if the levels of bilirubin in the bloodstream are increased.
- This condition could indicate problems with the pancreas or gallbladder.
- It is recommended to consult doctor once you notice some difficulties.
- If you experience cramping or pain in the lower part of the abdomen, or you feel particularly bloated it could indicate damaged liver.
- Ascites is one of the early symptoms of a liver damage, and it’s fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity.
- Furthermore, portal hypertension (high blood pressure in the arteries and veins of the abdomen) is a consequence of liver disease.
Increased Skin Itching
- In case there is the liver deficiency, the skin is much more sensitive than usual and it often flakes and itches, and also is hypersensitive to touch.
- Additionally, there could be increased veins visibility and more bruises.
- Even though it is helpful to keep the skin moist, the problem is not going to disappear until the liver issue is solved.
- This is one of the early warning signs, especially in the ankles and feet.
- The fluid retention could be caused by hormonal imbalance, lymphatic disease, heart failure, or even kidney problems.
- This pain is common when the liver is damaged.
- Constipation, Diarrhea, and Intestinal Bleeding
- The liver is responsible for making clotting factors and without them, there is bleeding of the intestines related to diarrhea and constipation.
- Unfortunately, this is not the complete list of early signs of damaged liver. For example, in some cases, damaged the liver in the mencan lead to hormonal imbalance. As a consequence of that, men might develop breasts and suffer from a loss of libido. However, it is very important to consult with the medical expert, if you notice some extraordinary changes.