Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Turmeric is a super spice that includes anti-aging, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is part of many Indian dishes because of its wonderful flavor and golden color. Also, it has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to treat many health problems, from pain control to fighting cancer.
Curcumin, the turmeric ingredient, has been well-studied over the past years. It works as a powerful antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
This spice is full of healthy nutrients such as fibers, calcium, vitamins, and minerals. It is non-toxic and doesn’t usually cause any side-effects.
What are the health benefits of turmeric?
1. IT CAN PREVENT CANCER
- This spice fights free radicals and aids in keeping healthy cells.
- It can block the enzymes that promote cancer cells growth.
2. PREVENTS ALZHEIMER DISEASE
- Turmeric boosts the overall brain health and can prevent or decelerate the development of Alzheimer’s by removing amyloid plaque buildup in the brain.
3. CONTROLS DIABETES
- This spice improves the levels of blood sugar and lowers insulin resistance to prevent diabetes type II.
- Additionally, when it is combined with strong medicines, it can trigger a low blood sugar level.
4. ACTS AS A NATURA PAINKILLER AND PREVENTS ARTHRITIS
- Turmeric includes anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help with stiff joints and arthritis.
- It is a natural remedy for arthritis and one of the foods that can reduce inflammation in your body.
- A prepared turmeric paste can heal minor cuts, burns or bruises, thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic characteristics.
- It aids in repairing your skin and can be used to treat psoriasis or other inflammations on the skin.
6. BOOSTS DIGESTION
- Turmeric stimulates the gallbladder, reduces bloating and gas and also can be helpful in treating bowel inflammation.
- If you suffer from gallbladder disease, you should not take turmeric as a dietary supplement because it can make the condition even worse.
7. LIVER DETOX
- It is a natural liver cleanser and improves blood circulation.
8.MAKES SKIN HEALTHIER
- Turmeric prevents skin pigmentation, tones the skin and when regularly used in your skin products, it can make your skin glowing.
- A pinch of turmeric powder, mixed to a paste with half a teaspoon of lemon juice, the pinch of gram flour and a teaspoon of tomato juice applied on the dark circles around eyes and left for 10 minutes will make them vanish. This herbal paste is one of the most popular for treating dark circles.
- You can also apply a paste of turmeric powder and pineapple juice on your eyes for about ten minutes each day, and notice the color lighten gradually.
9. HEALTHY HEARTH
- It reduces the bad cholesterol, prevents blood clots and plaque build-up in the arteries.
10. IMPROVES MOOD
- In alternative medicine, turmeric has been used to treat depression and offers a better night’s rest.
- Here is one ancient yogic remedy, known as ”Golden milk”. It is traditionally used to cure diarrhea, fever, bronchitis, colds, viral infections, headaches, parasitic worms, leprosy, bladder, and kidney infections, easing joint and muscle pain due to inflammation or arthritis.
GOLDEN MILK recipe:
- 1 cup of milk
- Half a teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- Half a teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 crushed green cardamom pod (Optional)
- 1 small cinnamon stick (Optional)
The pepper and oil help your body to absorb the curcumin easily.
After you heat the milk add the cardamom and cinnamon. Then, add the turmeric, pepper, honey and coconut oil and stir constantly. Heat the mixture until steaming but not boiling.
Strain the cinnamon and cardamom and the mixture is ready. Not all ingredients are soluble, so stir occasionally while drinking.