Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you notice that you have difficulty falling asleep, you wake up in the middle of the night, or you wake up tired and feeling gloomy, it may mean that you have some dangerous bedtime habits. Due to these habits, it will be difficult for you to fall asleep and have a proper night’s sleep. These are the 10 dangerous bedtime habits which you should avoid if you want to sleep better and keep your health.
1. Avoid Fluids an Hour Before Bed
- You shouldn’t drink any kind of fluids at least one hour before going to bed because this will have a negative effect on your sleeping pattern and you will have to visit the bathroom more often.
- Moreover, you shouldn’t consume coffee at least 4 hours before sleep due to the fact that it contains caffeine, which will keep you awake.
2. Don’t Take Naps in the Afternoon
- This is an obviously bad habit because it will destroy your sleeping pattern and you will have issues falling asleep.
3. Keep the Electronic Devices Away
- You should eliminate the electronic devices from your bedroom, including a TV, laptop, and mobile phone.
- Besides the fact that they are detrimental to the health, their brightness from the screen prevents the brain from falling asleep.
- Likewise, you should avoid reading books before bed.
4. Don’t Sleep on a Low-quality Mattress
- You should invest in a good-quality mattress because good mattress and pillow are crucial for proper sleep.
- Moreover, you will have a good night sleep and wake up full of energy.
5. Don’t Eat 2 Hours Before Bed
- When you eat, there is a certain amount of time needed for digesting the food.
- Hence, if you lie down with a full stomach, you won’t fall asleep fast as the digestion process will keep your body awake.
6. Avoid Exercising Before Going to Bed
- You should do any exercise at least 3 hours before going to bed because exercise increases the adrenaline in your body and the heart rate.
- Moreover, when you do exercise, your body temperature is higher, thus it is more difficult for you to fall asleep.
7. Don’t Go to Bed with Cold Feet
- Make sure you warm your feet before going to bed, so you can fall asleep easier and faster.
8. Start Having a Bedtime Routine
- Not having a bedtime routine is also a bad habit.
- Remember to set your own bedtime routine, like, brushing the teeth, washing the face, and then going to bed.
9. Avoid Certain Sleeping Positions
- There are certain sleeping positions, which can cause trouble while you sleep and be unhealthy too.
- Therefore, it is recommended that you sleep on your left side of the body.
10. Don’t Use Alarm Clock with Bright Numbers
- Always chose an alarm clock which has dimmer numbers.
- The alarm clock with bright numbers will fortify your brain and will make sleeping complicated for you.